Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Carrot Cake Recipe

I had a request for a cake recipe. This is my favorite carrot cake recipe. I hope you will enjoy this as much as my family and I do! I cannot remember where this recipe originated from but I've had it in my cookbook for years!

Be sure to grate the carrots yourself. This is the key to a moist cake.

Cake:
2C Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C light olive oil
2C Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
2TSP baking soda
2TSP baking powder
2TSP Cinnamon
1TSP Salt
2TSP vanilla extract
1C unsweetened coconut flakes
3C freshly grated carrots

Frosting:
4TBS unsalted butter (room temp)
3Ounces Cream Cheese (room temp)
1TSP vanilla extract
2 1/2 C powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350

Use two 9-inch round cake pans or muffin tins, whichever you're in the mood for. Lightly grease and line with parchment paper or use muffin tin liners.

Cream sugar and eggs. Add oil and vanilla then beat until smooth.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift to remove lumps. Mix with sugar and eggs.
Fold in carrots and coconut.
Bake 45-55 minutes for cake. Bake 30-35 minutes for muffins. Or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.

While cake is baking prepare frosting.

Cream butter and cream cheese, add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Mix in mixer until smooth and creamy.

Once cake is out of the oven and cooled. Frost.

Happy Cooking

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment