Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Recipe Review! Zucchini Bread

I found this recipe online so I thought I'd alter it a bit and make some zucchini bread because we had a TON of zucchini! My husband and I loved this bread! Now, I have altered this a bit but you will find my notes either italicised or with ** next to what I've done differently! So easy to make! Here is the link to the website:
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_bread/
This Zucchini Bread was amazingly moist, sweet and flavorful. It reminds me of fall, the aromas of cinnamon with nutmeg and the warmth of the bread right out of the oven. So delicious. I would make this again and not change a thing!

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 cups grated fresh zucchini
  • 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour**
  • 1TSP Xanthan Gum
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)**
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)**

Method

1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter two 5 by 9 inch loaf pans.
2 In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.
3 Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir it in. Add the flour, mix in Xanthan Gum and add that a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg over the batter and mix. Fold in the nuts and dried cranberries or raisins if using.
4 Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves.

** I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour and White chocolate chips!!! I don't like walnuts, cranberries or raisins in my baked goods most of the time so I just omitted those!
Again, I found this recipe online at simplyrecipes.com! It was very easy to convert gluten free!

Enjoy!
Happy Baking!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment